1. Does the Marketplace Website work properly?
2. We’re a 107,000 people able to view plans on the website?
YES but not really. While 107,000 were able to view plans, only 27,000 were able to view plans through the federal exchange (the one we use in Utah)
3. Is that 27,000 policies issued?
NO. Very few policies have been issued. But on the brighter side, this week it seems that policies are going through
4. Is my policy cancelling on December 31st?
Most likely NO. Unless you have HIP Utah your policy will not be cancelled on December 31st. Most individual policies will remain the same through most of 2014. And group policy will stay the same until their renewal.
5. Is it worth my time to go to the healthcare.gov website?
Possibly. If you think you qualify for the subsidy then yes. If you don’t qualify for the subsidy then it is
absolutely not worth your time.
6. How do I know if I qualify for the subsidy?
The following website is the most simple and easiest to use: http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/
7. If I qualify and I want a plan do I have to change before January 1?
No. The Open Enrollment last until March 31st 2014. Unless you have to change your plan by December 31st I would recommend waiting until the bugs are worked out of the website.
8. Do I have to use an agent?
No, But I would highly recommend it. Agents have a broader perspective of how the website works and the industry knowledge to evaluate the new plans offered.
9. Can you help me?
Absolutely! Send us an email and we will set up a time to help you.
Unlike big insurance agencies, we don't sell your information to high pressure insurance agents. Your information is just to connect with Tim.